How to Cite Fin Spotter and Collaborative Data
Even if a collaborative link has been made between users, Fin Spotter and Cape RADD requests you to contact the data provider(s) for use of any and all data shared in a collaboration if it is to be used in any publication, product, or commercial application.
By using Fin Spotter the user agrees to the following:
- Not to use data contained in Fin Spotter in any publication, product, or commercial application without prior written consent of the original data provider.
- To cite both the data provider(s) and Cape RADD appropriately after approval of use is obtained.
- Collaborative datasets should list all data contributors in descending order of quantity of encounters contributed. The year should be listed as the year when the dataset was pooled and downloaded.
- Example citation for a dataset:
- S.Gero, J. Levenson, J. Van Oast., J Holmberg, A. Marine-Biologist, C. Researcher, O. Cean. (2016). Collaborative dataset from: fin.caperadd.com. Consolidated and downloaded: June 15, 2016.
- General citation for Fin Spotter:
- D. Irion, M. Barron, 2020. Fin Spotter: a cloud-based photo-identification analysis tools for chondrychthians. Accessible at: https://fin.caperadd.com
- To forward the citation of any publication / report that made use of the data / tools provided by Fin Spotter for inclusion in our list of references. Submit here: email@example.com
- Not to hold Fin Spotter, Cape RADD or the original data providers liable for errors in the data. While we have made every effort to ensure the quality of the database, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of these datasets.